UNIVERSAL SI and SMI worm gear units from NORD DRIVESYSTEMSprovide a high power density and are extremely compact. Theyfeature quiet torque transfer.Thanks to their simple and effective structure they take upconsiderably less space than other types of gear unit. The gear unitsare available in SI and SMI versions (with smooth closed surfaces).
- A larger selection of shaft diameters provides greater flexibilityfor customers.
- On the drive side, IEC adapters provide several standard motorattachments for gear units of all sizes.
- Operation as a double gear unit is also possible for very highspeed ratios.
- Thanks to fine casting, the improved surface structure with lowlevels of roughness gives dust less chance to adhere (washdowneffect).
- Because of the large selection of components from the modularsystem, gear units can be optimally adapted to requirements.
- W-cylinder (free drive shaft)
- H10 first stage for larger gear ratios
- Torque support
- SMI gear units made from cast aluminium with smooth surfacesare especially suitable for applications in the food and beverageindustry.
- Gears and shafts from the tried-and-tested modular system
- SMI gear units available up to size 75 for up to 427 Nm
Modular and flexible
- Use of various motors with IECadapters
- The SMI flange housing canbe combined with all SI seriesflanges
- Optimised NORD gear unitmodules
- Standard IEC B5 / B14 interfacesfor all sizes of gear unit
Sealed Surface Conversion System
- Surface treatment
- No detachment possible
- Corrosion-resistant -just like stainless steel
- No flaking
- No corrosion penetration
- Aluminium housing withwashdown
- Can be used in ATEX areas
- Many possible shaft diameters