NORD Drivesystems Pvt. Ltd has been honored with the first place in "Best HR Practices" Award from Genius Consultant in association with The Times of India, which is one of the largest newspaper in India by circulation and largest selling English-language daily in the world.
Pune , 2015-10-21
NORD Drivesystems Pvt. Ltd has been honored with the first place in "Best HR Practices" Award from Genius Consultant in association with The Times of India, which is one of the largest newspaper in India by circulation and largest selling English-language daily in the world. Directors from Economic Times were also present during the event. Genius Consultancy is a 22 yrs. old company with a turnover of 550 crores and they are successfully conducting HR Excellence Award since last 5 yrs. In 2015, they included 15 Award categories in two groups i.e. companies having turnover upto 500 crores and 500 crores & above. They have received more than 500 nominations including companies like Piaggio, Mahindra, JK Papers, MSP Steels, Simplex, Coromandel, Britannica and various other software & logistics companies.
The “Best HR Practices” award was presented to Mr. PL Muthusekkar, Managing Director and Mr. Pankaj Vohra, Branch Manager (Sales) from NORD India, also it was the first award announced during the Award Presentation. Among all 38 Awards, 9 Awards were given to Women HR Professional. “It was difficult to choose the winners, however determining factor was to recognise less-known companies who is following excellent HR practices” exclusively mentioned by the Jury members. Below are some highlights that has helped the jury members from top industrial leaders & research team for recognizing NORD for “Best HR Practices”:
Transparent & Open Management: NORD Management is very transparent and open towards its employee to create an authentic and engaging environment at work. We communicate amply and accessibly NORD’s mission, vision and values. Our HR policies are clear, understandable to everyone. Our top management is accessible to all employees and they make sure there is a healthy work environment.
- Open house (quarterly basis) - The main objective of open house is to encourage and create positive vibration among the team by providing them open platform to speak out their creativity & ideas. Also, management shares business updates with everyone.
- Award & Recognition - NORD Management believes in appreciating their employees about their good performance and achievements in the form of various awards & recognitions. Recognising and honoring employees is meant to encourage repeat actions, through reinforcing the good behavior, work & performance.
Employee Personal Care: We take care of our employee not only on professional level but also with their personal issues
- Personal care on medical issues: On medical emergencies we provide flexible work timings, extended leaves, monitory support etc. to the needy employee.
- Family Day: We celebrate Family Day to help our employee gel well with each other along with their families and create a feeling of benevolence & goodwill. The “connect-with-family benefits” strengthen emotional bonds as well increase motivation, commitment & satisfaction.
- Birthday Celebration: We celebrate birthday of each and every employee starting from presenting him a gift and card till publishing & communicating this special occasion to the entire organization.
- Cultural & Festival day celebration: We also celebrate some other events like cultural day, various festive days etc.
Complaint Management System: We have a separate team to address employee grievances on periodical basis. Also, we have placed complain & suggestion box for employees to put in unidentified general issues without disclosing their identity.
Committee against sexual harassment at work place: NORD believes in maintaining the dignity of every employee working in the organization and nurtures growth through creating a positive and congenial work environment. Sexual harassment committee was formed in 2014 at NORD India to take care & resolve any issue under this category.
Safety Committee: We have separate team for all safety measures starting from clear instructions to cab users etc. We also celebrate safety week. And involved in regular health checkup for employees.
Special coverage of employee’s personal & professional profile in our quarterly magazine: We do this to know our people from inside & let others know them as well. It also helps to take care of their personal & professional needs; to unite them with others & to make them feel worthy.
Team Culture: Several departmental groups have been formed to promote team culture like Food committee, Quality, Service, Margin committees, what’s app groups etc.
Promoting Togetherness inside organization: We have incorporated several other initiatives to promote healthy culture like canteen sittings had been designed strategically to have food together on one table. We have only one very big table with many chairs. There are no separate sitting arrangements for individuals or small group.