NORD delivers integrated power technologies to help the world’s largest consumer goods manufacturers, online retailers, warehouses and airports.
Waunakee , 2018-03-16
WAUNAKEE, Wis. (March 15, 2018) – Imagine the challenge: Nearly 100 separate conveyors. In-line CT-scan screening machines. Multiple infeed lines. Four-way sorters. High-speed diverters, spiral power curves and tray sorters. These are just some of the components powered by NORD Drivesystems motors and drives in high-speed material handling, package sorting and luggage handling operations.
NORD delivers integrated power technologies to help the world’s largest consumer goods manufacturers, online retailers, warehouses and airports produce and move products faster, with less energy and more control. See how NORD is accelerating the speed of manufacturing and material handling at MODEX 2018 Booth B930, at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Ga., April 9-12, 2018.
Customization saves time and money. NORD’s modular, quick-connect drive systems can be equipped with a variety of common industrial Ethernet communication protocol modules for remote monitoring and control of individual drive units. Plus, NORD can supply the units configured and supplied with required plug connectors for power, photo eyes, sensors and standard field bus systems to allow for easy installation.
The result: NORD delivers customized global solutions for the most demanding environments. The high-efficiency drive equipment and integrated technology saves time and reduces cost of operation. Plus, NORD’s quality equipment and 24-hour customer support increase uptime and peace of mind.
At MODEX 2018, NORD’s drive system experts are on hand to discuss material handling solutions and integrated drive equipment installed for large warehouse, parcel and postal systems, including:
• 92.1 Helical-Bevel Gearbox: NORD’s 92.1 two-stage helical bevel reducer boasts up to 97 percent gear efficiency. Designed using finite element modeling technology with oversized output bearings and extremely accurate construction means extended service life, even under high radial loads. Plus, with flexible mounting and shaft designs, product installation is fast. It’s simply one of the most cost-effective and hassle-free modular gearboxes available.
• NORDBLOC.1 Helical In-Line Gear Units: If you’re looking for a robust and cost effective in-line gear unit, the NORDBLOC.1 is ideal for a wide range of demanding applications, from the high-speed conveying power needed in warehouse and package handling systems to pumping and mixing food products.
• IE4 Permanent Magnetic Synchronous Motors: Like the gearboxes and drives used with a new international airport baggage-handling system, NORD’s IE4 Permanent Magnetic Synchronous Motors and VFDs can be pre-configured and delivered with customer-specified power connectors, and photo eye, sensor and high-speed Ethernet IP plugs needed for easy daisy-chain installation. Because the motor offers best-in-class power density, together with energy efficient operation even at partial loads and reduced speeds, it provides extremely low total cost of ownership and predictable load handling.
• NORDAC LINK (SK250E Variable Frequency Drive): This is another big piece of the conveying puzzle for system integration. The NORDAC LINK VFD family offers flexible drive capabilities for virtually any application and supports decentralized installations. NORDAC LINK installation is fast and simple, as is service. Integrated brake management assures wear-free actuation. Direct speed feedback via incremental encoder on the motor generates the highest possible acceleration and guarantees full motor torque throughout the entire speed range. NORD customizes products to provide the specific features and functionality customers need.
• LogiDrive integrated solution: If you combine the highly efficient gearbox, the permanent magnet IE4 motor, and the versatile NORDAC LINK VFD, you get NORD’s LogiDrive Solution. With this combination, you can achieve greater energy efficiency while greatly reducing the number of product combinations for your entire system. This solution is available with power ratings between 1.5 and 7.5 HP and available for 50 Hz and 60 Hz power systems. NORD’s solution is modular and each of the components can be serviced separately, thereby reducing costs, reducing required variants, minimizing spare part inventory, and increasing uptime.
• NORD 911: What good is a drive system if it goes down in the middle of the night? NORD offers 24-hour customer support at 715-NORD-911 (US) and 905-796-3606 (Canada). This provides peace of mind, and puts customer support and product solutions a phone call away.
Whether you’re designing a warehouse for an e-commerce retailer or a baggage handling system, NORD offers a complete line of fully customizable solutions. With modular components that include a wide variety of gear and drive units, performance ranges, input configurations and mounting options, NORD serves custom drive system engineering needs. Also critically important, NORD offers best-in-industry product delivery with 67 percent of all orders shipping in two weeks or less.
For more information, visit www.NORD.com, call (888) 314-6673 or email email@example.com.