NORD Gear brings full portfolio of integrated baggage handling solutions
Waunakee, WI , 2018-03-16
Imagine the challenge of designing a new baggage handling system for an international airport: Miles of conveyors. In-line CT-scan screening machines. Multiple in-feed lines. Four-way sorters. High-speed diverters, spiral power curves and more. These are just some of the components designed into Victoria International Airport’s new baggage handling system, all powered by motors and drives from NORD DRIVESYSTEMS (and meeting stringent Canadian Air Transport Safety Authority requirements). NORD equipment is driving baggage handling systems in airports of all sizes across North America and globe, including Cleveland, Charlotte, Oklahoma City, London, Montreal and Istanbul.
If you attend the American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE) Conference & Exposition at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, Calif., April 15-18, 2018 visit Booth 1022. It’s here that you can discuss customized drive solutions with NORD DRIVESYSTEMS experts, such as the newest state-of-the-art baggage handling system for nearly 2 million passengers per year:
- 92.1 Helical-Bevel Gearbox: NORD’s 92.1 two-stage helical bevel reducer boasts up to 97 percent gear efficiency. Designed using finite element modeling technology with oversized output bearings and extremely accurate construction means extended service life, even under high radial loads. Plus, with flexible mounting and shaft designs, product installation is fast. It’s simply one of the most cost-effective and hassle-free modular gearboxes available today.
- NORDBLOC.1 Helical In-Line Gear Units: If you’re looking for a robust and cost-effective in-line gear unit, the NORDBLOC.1 is ideal for a wide range of demanding applications, from the high-speed conveying power needed in airport baggage handling systems to shipping solutions for the world’s largest package-handling and e-commerce brands.
- IE4 Permanent Magnetic Synchronous Motors: Like the gearboxes and drives used with the Victoria airport project, NORD’s IE4 Permanent Magnetic Synchronous Motors and VFDs can be pre-configured and delivered with customer-specified power connectors, and photo eye, sensor, and high-speed Ethernet IP plugs needed for easy daisy-chain installation. Because the motor offers best-in-class power density, together with energy efficient operation even at partial loads and reduced speeds, it provides extremely low total cost of ownership and predictable load handling.
- NORDAC LINK (SK250E Variable Frequency Drive): This is another big piece of the conveying puzzle for system integration. The NORDAC LINK VFD family offers flexible drive capabilities for virtually any application and supports decentralized installations. NORDAC LINK installation is fast and simple, as is service. Integrated brake management assures wear-free actuation. Direct speed feedback via incremental encoder on the motor generates the highest possible acceleration and guarantees full motor torque throughout the entire speed range. NORD customizes products to provide the specific features and functionality customers need.
- LogiDrive integrated solution: If you combine the highly efficient gearbox, the permanent magnet IE4 motor, and the versatile NORDAC LINK VFD, you get NORD’s LogiDrive Solution. With this combination, you can achieve greater energy efficiency while greatly reducing the number of product combinations for your entire system. This solution is available with power ratings between 1.5 and 7.5 HP and available for 50 Hz and 60 Hz power systems. NORD’s solution is modular and each of the components can be serviced separately, thereby reducing costs, reducing required variants, minimizing spare part inventory, and increasing uptime.
- NORD 911: What kind of support do you receive if your drive system goes down in the middle of the night? NORD offers 24-hour customer support at 715-NORD-911 (US) and 905-796-3606 (Canada). This provides peace of mind, and puts customer support and product solutions a phone call away.
Whether you’re designing baggage handling systems or distribution centers for e-commerce retailers, NORD offers a complete line of fully customizable solutions. With modular components that include a wide variety of gear and drive units, performance ranges, input configurations and mounting options, NORD exceeds custom drive system engineering needs. Also critically important, NORD offers best-in-industry product delivery with 67 percent of all orders shipping in two weeks or less. For more information, visit www.NORD.com, call (888) 314-6673 or email email@example.com.
NORD Product Highlights at AAAE 2018:
- 92.1 Helical-Bevel Gearbox
- NORDBLOC.1 Helical In-Line Gear Units
- IE4 Permanent Magnetic Synchronous Motors
- NORDAC LINK (SK250E Variable Frequency Drive)
- 24-hour support with 715-NORD-911 (US) and 905-796-3606 (Canada)