NORD Gear delivers complete, integrated material handling solutions
Waunakee, WI , 2018-06-01
Imagine the challenge: Nearly 100 separate conveyors. In-line CT-scan screening machines. Multiple infeed lines. Four-way sorters. High-speed diverters, spiral power curves and tray sorters. These are just some of the components powered by NORD Drivesystems motors and drives in high-speed material handling, package sorting and luggage handling operations.
See how NORD is accelerating the speed of manufacturing and material handling at EXPO PACK 2018 Booth 1550, at the EXPO SANTA FE MEXICO, June 5-8, 2018. NORD delivers integrated power technologies to help the world’s largest manufacturers, online retailers, warehouses and airports produce and move products faster, with less energy and more control.
Customization saves time and money. NORD’s modular, quick-connect drive systems can be equipped with a variety of common industrial Ethernet communication protocol modules for remote monitoring and control of individual drive units. Plus, NORD can supply the units configured and supplied with required plug connectors for power, photo eyes, sensors and standard field bus systems to allow for easy installation.
The result: NORD delivers money saving solutions for tough environments. The high-efficiency drive equipment and integrated technology reduce installation time and cost of operation. Plus, NORD’s high quality equipment and customer support increase uptime and peace of mind.
At EXPO PACK 2018, NORD experts are on hand to discuss your integrated drive equipment needs, including:
- 92.1 Helical-Bevel Gearbox: NORD’s 92.1 two-stage helical bevel reducer boasts up to 97 percent gear efficiency. Designed using finite element modeling technology with oversized output bearings and extremely accurate construction means extended service life, even under high radial loads. Plus, with flexible mounting and shaft designs, product installation is fast. It’s simply one of the most cost-effective and hassle-free modular gearboxes available.
- NORDBLOC.1 Helical In-Line Gear Units: If you’re looking for a robust and cost effective in-line gear unit, the NORDBLOC.1 is ideal for a wide range of demanding applications, from the high-speed conveying power needed in warehouse and package handling systems to pumping and mixing food products.
- IE4 Permanent Magnetic Synchronous Motors: Like the gearboxes and drives used with new international airport baggage-handling systems, NORD’s IE4 Permanent Magnetic Synchronous Motors and VFDs can be pre-configured and delivered with customer-specified power connectors, and photo eye, sensor and high-speed Ethernet IP plugs needed for easy daisy-chain installation. Because the motor offers best-in-class power density, with energy efficient operation even at partial loads and reduced speeds, it provides extremely low total cost of ownership and predictable load handling.
- NORDAC LINK (SK250E Variable Frequency Drive): This is another big piece of the conveying system integration. The NORDAC LINK VFD family offers flexible drive capabilities for virtually any application and supports decentralized installations. NORDAC LINK installation is fast and simple, as is service. Integrated brake management assures wear-free actuation. Direct speed feedback via incremental encoder on the motor generates the highest possible acceleration and guarantees full motor torque throughout the entire speed range. NORD customizes products to provide the specific features and functionality customers need.
- LogiDrive integrated solution: If you combine the highly efficient gearbox, the permanent magnet IE4 motor, and the versatile NORDAC LINK VFD, you get NORD’s LogiDrive Solution. With this combination, you can achieve greater energy efficiency while greatly reducing the number of product combinations for your entire system. This solution is available with power ratings between 1.5 and 7.5 HP and available for 50 Hz and 60 Hz power systems. NORD’s solution is modular and each of the components can be serviced separately, thereby reducing costs, reducing required variants, minimizing spare part inventory, and increasing uptime.
Whether you’re designing a warehouse or a manufacturing system, NORD offers a complete line of fully customizable drive solutions. With modular components that include a wide variety of gear and drive units, performance ranges, input configurations and mounting options, NORD serves your custom drive system and engineering needs. For more information, visit www.NORD.com, call +52 442-688-7110 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.