The LogiDrive solution from NORD DRIVESYSTEMS reduces planning and commissioning effort:
- NORD inverters for intralogistics and airport applications can control both synchronous and asynchronous motors.
- Simple planning with identical housing dimensions for synchronous and asynchronous motors
- The use of IE4 synchronous motors minimizes the total service life costs. The NORD IE4 motor achieves a significantly higher efficiency and amortises its acquisition costs in a very short time (ROI).
Using the NORD modular system makes it possible to keep the number of versions low. The operator can reduce the total cost of ownership because there are fewer versions.
The field distributor NORDAC LINK (SK 250E)
- Internal brake resistor
- External 24V power supply unit to supply the control board. This means the same potential for all drives. Even without 400V AC mains voltage, the drives can be addressed via the bus, as the control card remains active through 24V DC.
- Decentralised installation motor mounted or remote. Pluggable inverter
- Plug-in EEPROM Data can be transferred if service is required.
The IE4 drive - energy-efficient
The use of IE4 synchronous motors minimizes the total service life costs. The NORD IE4 motor achieves a significantly higher efficiency and amortises its acquisition costs in a very short time (ROI). A mounted version is also available as an alternative.
- By meeting the highest efficiency standards
- Significantly reduces the total cost of ownership
- High efficiency even in partial and low speed ranges due to PMSM technology
Reduction of versions
- Standardisation of geared motor versions specially tailored to intralogistics and airport technology
- Easy Engineering
- Easy Selection
- Large speed range through inverter technology
Easy to service and maintain
- Considerable reduction of spare part stock for the project
- Service friendly through plug-and-play technology
- Compact, space-saving design
- 25% less weight due to “lightweight” aluminium housing
- Components can be replaced individually
- NORD DRIVESYSTEMS is represented in 52 countries worldwide
- Global network for production, assembly, service and sales
The BCS group provides complete solutions to airports and airlines. When Toll IPEC wanted to expand its parcel delivery capacities by building a new cargo sorting plant in Melbourne, the contract was awarded to BCS. BCS in turn commissioned NORD to supply around 1,000 bevel geared motors with decentralised inverters.
Logan Teleflex, a subsidiary of Daifuku Airport Technologies, is an international solution provider for airport baggage handling systems. For a project in the USA, the company needed a decentralized control solution. NORD supplied 100 drive solutions for this project, consisting of geared motor and frequency inverter.
The capacity of the baggage conveyor system at Hamburg Airport is capable of processing and sorting 8,700 pieces of baggage per hour. In order to guarantee a smooth baggage handling process, intelligent, powerful and highly flexible drive technology is required. NORD is the supplier of this technology.