In CONDITION MONITORING, operating and status data are recorded regularly or permanently in order to optimise the operational safety and efficiency of machines and plants. Important information for PREDICTIVE MAINTENANCE can be derived from the data analysis. The goal is to proactively maintain machines and systems, reduce downtime and increase overall system effectiveness.
- Detection and avoidance of impermissible operating states at an early stage
- Status oriented maintenance replaces time-based maintenance
- Plannable machinery and plant downtimes based on real drive and process data
- Reduction of service and material costs
- Increase of service life of components and machinery
- Increase of system availability
- Avoidance of unplanned downtimes
- Plannable and cost-optimised maintenance
The NORD solution:
Information from condition monitoring can be transferred to predictive maintenance.
- Drive-based approach
- Sensorless determination of the optimum time for oil changes based on virtual oil temperature
- Pre-processing of drive data in the integrated PLC
- Provisioning those data to customer via all common interfaces