Company announces new, high-quality coating options for customized drive solutions.
Waunakee, WI , 2020-06-04
NORD DRIVESYSTEMS, a world leader in drive technology, has launched a new surface protection program to streamline existing options and add additional selections to accommodate a wide range of demanding applications. This new format has a simplified naming convention and descriptions that outline the best use for each coating type. The expanded solutions include a new epoxy primer offering as well as options for multiple primer and/or topcoat configurations based on environmental demands.
- Basic - Indoor installation
- NORD Severe Duty 2 (NSD2) - Indoor installation and protected outdoor installation
- NORD Severe Duty 3 (NSD3) - Outdoor installation, city, and industrial atmosphere with low contamination
- NORD Severe Chem Duty 3 (NSDC3) - Installations with normal chemical contamination
- NORD Severe Food Duty 3 (NSDF3) - Food packaging areas
- NORD Severe Duty 4 (NSD4) - Outdoor installation, city, and industrial atmosphere with moderate contamination
- NORD Severe Duty 5 (NSD5) - Outdoor installation, city, and industrial atmosphere with high contamination
Click here for more information about our detailed paint specifications.
Paints from NORD can be ordered in over 100 standard colors or can be custom matched to your specifications. In addition to the primary paint options, NORD offers a clear, antimicrobial topcoat that can be added to most finishes for even greater protection against damaging contamination and corrosion (excludes NORD Severe Chem Duty 3).
NORD also continues to offer it’s nsd tupH™ surface conversion product that can stand up to extreme environments with surface-converted housing components, DIN and stainless steel components, wash-down housing for the gear unit and motor, stainless steel shafts, and special shaft sealing rings. There is also an anti-static powder coating for drive electronics, making them incredibly resistant to impacts, scratches, harsh weather, and chemicals.
NORD manufactures a wide selection of gearboxes, electric motors, and drive electronics in various sizes and configurations for companies in intralogistics, food and beverage, airport baggage handling, grain and bulk material handling, and other demanding markets. The modular design offers unlimited versatility with more than 20,000,000 combinations of custom gear motors and speed reducers – in-line or right-angle, mounted by foot or flange, featuring solid or hollow shafts – to give customers complete freedom to specify a drive solution that’s perfect for the job.
Contact us for more information.